Monday, August 26, 2013

Heart breaking words from someone new to our town

"Hello, and thank you for adding me to your Facebook. My wife and I have recently purchased a home and are new to town and really enjoy it here so far. We were a little disappointed in the lack of communication of the town officials towards new residents. When we first moved here we were unsure when garbage, recycling and other events were. It can be a little intimidating moving to a new town, and trying to find info out. I called the clerk and several councilmen/councilwomen that were on the website. The only one to call back was Ed Hanics. He called immediately and answered all my questions. I was a bit disappointing in the rest of the officials lack of communication or at the very least a return message or that they had received mine. ...I was personally offended of this. I would have immediately contacted the taxpayer to let he or she know that I received there message. I'm not sure what the issue was, but I'm glad at least Mr. Hanics was able to help. I just thought I would share my new resident story via instant message. Thank you."